Our client commissioned a large Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) production facility and selected Capstone Engineering Services to implement the Historian and Visualization software. Operations needed the capability to view detailed data from plant and field operations in near real-time. A flexible, powerful visualization tool was required to unlock the power of the data. Automated data integration and data validation to enable efficient operations.
OUR SOLUTIONCapstone implemented the Dataparc Historian and Parcview visualization and several custom applications, resulting in a sophisticated, integrated facility operation solution. Dataparc was configured to capture nearly 100,000 data streams and provide resilient and near real-time replication to the head office location. Capstone built several custom applications using the latest .NET technologies to meet several additional requirements:
- Automated Data Validation – This application automatically captured and validated critical plant data using rules defined in the system. The system flagged anomalies, and relevant personnel were notified to take corrective action.
- Data Validation webpage – An easy-to-use ASP .NET application was designed and built to allow users to edit data and configure validation rules.
- Integration with Production Accounting – Scheduled jobs uploaded production accounting data into the enterprise system.
- Automated well-test data capture – A custom C# .NET application was built to capture good test data in real-time as it was caught in field devices.
- Enterprise Integration – Custom interfaces with other enterprise applications allowed for data synchronization and business process automation.